15 Things I’ve learned so far...
As I’m turning 33, (and it’s November 15th) I thought I would pen down some of my “life lessons”. Maybe they’ll bring you a glimmer of hope or a laugh at least!
1. Take the chances. I’ve taken some crazy risks in my life, packing up and moving half way across the country TWICE (in two opposite directions😂) and while it was scary... I’m so glad I took the chance. I wouldn't be the person I am today!
2. If you LOVE it, buy it. Nothing haunts us like the things we didn’t buy. #truthbomb
3. Get some sleep, sister!! My friends always joke with me that I’m a narcoleptic- but really...know your body and know when to rest. SLEEP is essential to brain and body function, don't ignore it!
4. Forgive others! Y’all, life is too dang short. When I find myself struggling...I think God, please soften the other persons heart...change their ways....but perhaps God wants to work on my heart instead.❤️ I know this one can be easier said then done, but God wants us to love!
5. Try to serve in your community! Whether it’s helping a neighbor get their groceries in, volunteering at the food bank, or paying it forward in the Starbucks line...do something for others! And saying please and thank you go a long way too.😉
6. Travel. I love getting to go other places and soak it in. Whether it’s been NYC, hiking in Tennessee, or fishing in the gulf - make those memories & take a moment to reflect on how small we are in this big ole world!
7. Spend time with God. By far, the best relationship I have is with the Lord Almighty. I’m far from perfect and I’m so grateful that God forgives me and relentlessly loves me. It can be tough to carve out time, but making it a priority has been huge for me.
8. Reflect. Along with spending time with God, journaling my prayers and what my praises are has been huge for me. Start each day with a grateful heart.
9. Put. The. Phone. Down. I’m much better about this and with running a business it’s so tough sometimes. I have set work hours and try to give my time and attention fully to Cash and Aaron when they get home. THIS is a work in progress. But I also don't want to be remembered as "the girl glued to her phone."
10. Work Out. Working out is such a stress relief for me. And can be a love/hate thing. 😂🙌🏼 BUT I’ve never regretted getting up and going. God has given us one body - it’s a temple and I’m trying to keep this one working as long as I can!😆
11. LAUGH every day. Whether it’s conversations I have with Cash or Aaron, don’t be afraid to let loose and crack up! It’s good for your soul.
12. Give kindness. This can be a tough one. When we are met with someone that has a less than stellar outlook or is just plain ugly to you...be kind anyways. You never know what the other person is going through.
13. Dressing Up makes me accomplish more. Some days it is SO hard to pry myself out of sweatpants...but when I’m dressed up and feeling good...I’m taking action & leading the way! When you dress up, it helps your emotional and mental well being! Y’all know I’m a firm believer in this one.
14. Giving is better than receiving. I get a lot of people who message me when we do our mission give backs and how wonderful it is. But the truth is, God has blessed me so much more than I could imagine. On my worst of worst days, I still am incredibly blessed. It has brought me so much JOY to be able to serve others. And if you shop with us, you should feel pretty dang awesome too, because without your support we couldn’t do that!🙌🏼❤️
15. Trust God. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55: 8-9 (I am working on memorizing this verse). We won’t always understand what God is doing or His timing, and there have been frustrations and tears on my part waiting, but I do know that he works it out for our good.🙌🏼